1. About cookies
- A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
- Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
- Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
- Cookies can be used by web servers to identify and track users as they navigate different pages on a website and identify users returning to a website.
2. Our cookies
- We use both session and persistent cookies on our website.
- The names of the cookies that we use on our website, and the purposes for which they are used, are set out below:
We use Cookie Consent to help us comply with the EU regulations regarding usage of website cookies. The associated plugins with that application on our website is catAccCookies.
3. Analytics cookies
- We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of our website.
- Our analytics service provider generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies.
- The analytics cookies used by our website have the following names: _ga and _gat.
- The information generated relating to our website is used to create reports about the use of our website.
4. Third party cookies
5. Blocking cookies
- Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies; for example:
(a) in Firefox (version 51) you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options”, “Privacy”, selecting “Use custom settings for history” from the drop-down menu, and unticking “Accept cookies from sites”; and
(b) in Chrome (version 56), you can block all cookies by accessing the “Customise and control” menu, and clicking “Settings”, “Show advanced settings” and “Content settings”, and then selecting “Block sites from setting any data” under the “Cookies” heading.
- Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
- If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website
6. Deleting cookies
- You can delete cookies already stored on your computer; for example:
(a) in Firefox (version 51), you can delete cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Privacy”, then selecting “Use custom settings for history” from the drop-down menu, clicking “Show Cookies”, and then clicking “Remove All Cookies”; and
(b) in Chrome (version 56), you can delete all cookies by accessing the “Customise and control” menu, and clicking “Settings”, “Show advanced settings” and “Clear browsing data”, and then selecting “Cookies and other site and plug-in data” before clicking “Clear browsing data”.
- Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
7. Data protection registration
- We are not registered as a data controller with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office because we are a not-for-profit organisation. However, we will comply with all the elements of the GDPR regulation with reference to user’s personal data, in so far as they are relevant to our organisation.
8. Our details
- Our organisation is called Sevenoak Flower Club.
- Sevenoak Flower Club is associated with NAFAS who are registered as a charity in England and Wales under registration 1101348 with its registered office at The National Association Of Flower Arrangement, 12 Devonshire Square, London, EC2M 4TE, United Kingdom.
- You can contact Sevenaoks Flower Club by writing to the clubs monthly meeting address (however we will only receive this post on the 2nd Tuesday of each month) or for a more speedy and direct responce, by using our website contact form.
This policy was last updated by CF on 09/08/18 v2.0.2